Mrs Jane Anderson
Mrs Anne Bullerwell
Mrs Lucy Clarke
Mrs Carolyn Ferguson
Mr David Hastie
Chair of Governors
Mrs Maria Lawson
Mrs Elizabeth Luke
Mrs Kate McDonald
Mrs Sam Proud
Mrs Liz Summerson
Governors are volunteers who collectively make up the school’s Local Governing Committee (LGC). The overall responsibility of the LGC is to support the school to provide the best possible education for all children.
What are the LGC responsible for?
- helping to decide on the school’s values and aims, agreeing plans on the future direction of the school and checking on progress with these plans.
- acting as a critical friend to the head teacher to support and challenge them in managing the school.
- deciding how the money allocated to run the school is spent.
- interviewing and appointing members of staff.
- making sure that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, and to its local community.
How can I contact members of the LGC?
Parent Governors can be a good source of information about the school and may be able to offer support and advice if you have particular queries. They are happy for you to approach them directly if you see them in school at the start or end of the school day. Alternatively if you leave a message and your contact details at the school office then these can be passed on to a Parent Governor and they will get back to you. The Chair of Governors can be contacted in the same way.
It is not the role of parent governors to deal with complaints. These should be discussed with the relevant member of school staff e.g. a class teacher, or the Head or Deputy Headteacher in the first instance. Please refer to the school's 'Complaints Procedure' using the 'Our School' tab on the school's home page of our website for further information.
The LGC is always keen to find out the views of parents and other members of the school community on how the school should be developing in the future. Governors may come to Parent/Carer Evenings for this purpose, but are also interested to receive feedback at other times.